BVS Veg Festival News!
October 20, 2006
Hello Boston Vegetarian Society List,
* Our big day is just hours away! Hope you will be with us at the Festival, and if you haven't yet volunteered to help, it's not too late! Just hit Reply and offer -- we can use more people.
* We had a 6-8 minute segment on FNX radio on Wednesday, with one of our exhibitors, Soya Foods, cooking up some food for tasting on the air by the news crew. (They liked it!)
* WBZ will be running a piece on the Festival hourly for part of the day on Saturday.
* We had a nice write-up with photo in Improper Bostonian and in Panorama Magazine
* We were featured, with photo, in the Amtrak magazine in the seat pockets of the NE Corridor route
* We'll be running a membership drive "one day only special" at the Festival, so this is your chance to support BVS and get some major benefits. Here's the offer:
- We'll knock $5 off our $20 membership fee ($30 for family) +
- We'll offer a free one-year subscription to Vegetarian Journal (quarterly), a $20 value! +
- We'll offer a free 1 pound bag of Darjeeling tea from the Boston Tea Campaign, a $16 value!
http://www.bostonteacampaign.com/ Offer good for the first 100 memberships.
Stop at the BVS tables in the lobby and just inside the exhibitor room to join!
* BVS will be handling the book sales for Peter Singer & Jim Mason's book THE WAY WE EAT: Why Our Food Choices Matter. So much do we want to get this book into the hands of many, we will sell it at about our cost for the books and shipping. Retail: $26, Our Festival Price: $15 (hard cover) Available all day at the BVS book table in the lobby. Book signing after Peter Singer's talk at 3 PM.
* We'll have a new Festival T-shirt design on organic cotton. Organic cotton wears so well, becoming very soft, and not fraying around the neck. Please buy some Ts!
See you Saturday!
Reminder: A nice "day after" event is the fund raiser at Maple Farm Sanctuary in Mendon MA. Have a relaxing day in good company, enjoy lovely scenery, and visit the animals that you'll be helping with your ticket. Details:
Boston Vegetarian Food Festival Organizing Committee:
Al Willis, Blakely Sullivan, Beverly Rich, Mark Patrick, Debra Levine, Evelyn Kimber, Maysoon Hamdiyyah, Randall Collura, Kevin Coyne, Alex Chou, Kristine Acevedo