Events & Activities
On the Third Sunday of each month (with rare exceptions), we sponsor an Educational Seminar with an expert guest speaker, offered free to the public, and a Social Dinner, both held at Grasshopper Vegetarian Restaurant in Boston.
Each month, we sponsor a Dining Out social, where we get together to try out vegetarian and vegetarian-friendly restaurants in the area, explore the wide and delicious variety of cuisines available to vegetarian diners, and share information informally.
Each month we have one or more additional Special Events, including:
- Vegan Cooking Classes and Food Tastings
- Holiday events (Thanksgiving, New Year's Day, Valentine's Banquets, July 4th picnic, etc.)
- Our annual June outing with potluck and speaker at the Peace Abbey in Sherborn
- Organize special seminar events for national speakers and authors
- Outdoor activities such as our July picnic and outdoor tabling events
We are the organizers of the Boston Vegetarian Food Festival each fall. Attracting thousands of attendees, it has grown to be one of the premier outreach and educational events for vegetarianism in the world.
We hope you'll join us! Get notices of BVS events on our low volume email list. Subscribe using the form at right.
- BVS does educational outreach at community Earth Day events around Boston and at the State House, at culinary expos, at children's expos, at environmental festivals, at area college and university events, and participates in a variety of heath and green fairs, walk-a-thons, and other events.
- BVS publishes an eNewsletter with items of interest to the local veg community, such as restaurant openings, organic farmers' markets, and breaking news about health, the environment, and animals. Subscribe using the form at right. Read eNews Archives.
- BVS runs ads promoting vegetarianism in the metro region mass transit. We do interior ads on MBTA subway cars and buses, and six foot wide exterior ads on bus tails. These draw people to the How To Go Veg and other resource pages on our website.
- BVS actively seeks media coverage of vegetarian issues, and frequently
serves as a resource for local, regional, and national television, radio, and
- BVS provides information and resources to callers of all kindsstudents
doing term papers, foreign visitors seeking veg contacts, parents seeking advice
on cooking for veg kids, diners seeking restaurant recommendations, aspiring
seeking guidance, and more.
- BVS has a display window in Harvard Square for two weeks each year in a high visibility location. We also have displays in some local public libraries. See our displays.