Events & Activities
On the Third Sunday of each month (with rare exceptions), we sponsor an Educational Seminar with an expert guest speaker, offered free to the public, and a Social Dinner, both held at Grasshopper Vegetarian Restaurant in Boston.
Each month, we sponsor a Dining Out social, where we get together to try out vegetarian and vegetarian-friendly restaurants in the area, explore the wide and delicious variety of cuisines available to vegetarian diners, and share information informally.
Each month we have one or more additional Special Events, including:
- Vegan Cooking Classes and Food Tastings
- Holiday events (Thanksgiving, New Year's Day, Valentine's Banquets, July 4th picnic, etc.)
- Organize special seminar events for national speakers and authors
- Outdoor activities such as our July picnic and outdoor tabling events
We are the organizers of the Boston Veg Food Fest each fall. Attracting thousands of attendees, it has grown to be one of the premier outreach and educational events for vegetarianism in the world.
We hope you'll join us! Get notices of BVS events on our low volume email list. Subscribe using the form at right.
- BVS does educational outreach at community Earth Day events around Boston and at the State House, at culinary expos, at children's expos, at environmental festivals, at area college and university events, and participates in a variety of heath and green fairs, walk-a-thons, and other events.
- BVS has a Facebook page with items of interest to the local veg community, such as veg restaurant openings, organic farmers' markets, and breaking news about health, the environment, and animals. Like and Follow us on Facebook.
- BVS runs ads promoting vegetarianism in the metro region mass transit. We do interior ads on MBTA subway cars and buses, and six foot wide exterior ads on bus tails. These draw people to the How To Go Veg and other resource pages on our website.
- BVS actively seeks media coverage of vegetarian issues, and frequently
serves as a resource for local, regional, and national television, radio, and
- BVS provides information and resources to callers of all kindsstudents
doing term papers, foreign visitors seeking veg contacts, parents seeking advice
on cooking for veg kids, diners seeking restaurant recommendations, aspiring
seeking guidance, and more.
- BVS does display windows in stores and in some local public libraries. See our displays.