Welcome to Beantown!
The Boston Vegetarian Society provides education, community, and outreach to encourage healthy plant-based eating for the benefit of animals, the environment, the climate, and public and personal health.
Boston Veg Food Fest 2023
In Person • FREE Admission
Our 28th Annual Food Fest
Saturday & Sunday
October 14 & 15, 2023
Reggie Lewis Athletic Center
1350 Tremont Street, Boston MA
Sponsor and Exhibitor Opportunities
Earth Day 2023
Watch We Fight Climate Change with Diet Change (30 second PSA). BVS is on the Organizing Committee for Earth Day Boston. We will offer a free short documentary screening on animal agriculture and climate change, followed by a vegan buffet at Grasshopper on April 16, 2023. We organized a plant-based virtual cooking class in collaboration with Earth Day Boston. Radio promo ads that promote plant-based eating were aired on GBH public radio for two weeks leading up to Earth Day 2022.
(BVS speaker events during the pandemic era are offered online. We are now offering our holiday dinner events hybrid, with in-person and takeout options.) BVS offers vegan cooking classes, speaker events and dinners, holiday events, author events, and more! We organize the annual Boston Veg Food Fest and do other outreach events as well. Our events are open and welcoming to all, and are great places for non-vegetarians to come to learn more about living plant-based. View our Events Calendar!
- Attend our free, online, live, interactive vegan cooking classes. Join our email list for notifications.
- See our Recipes & Cookbooks page for the special dishes featured in our ads, and a variety of veg recipe resources.
- Come to Food Fest in October! We offer plant-based cooking demonstrations by top national chefs.
- Dining out? See our huge list of Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurants in Massachusetts.
- Own a restaurant? See our Tips for Restaurant Owners. Entice vegetarian diners and their companions to your restaurant!
How to Go Veg
Visit our Going Veg section for recipes, starter kits, nutritional information, and tips to get you started as a healthy, happy herbivore! Find online vegan cooking courses, cookbooks, veg-ucational documentaries, local organic and farmers markets, Boston area lodging, information on raising veg children, and more.
Any steps you take in the direction of a more plant-based diet will benefit you, the earth, the climate, and the animals — and BVS is here to help.
6 Questions: Read a Q & A with BVS and The Boston Globe.