Welcome to Beantown!
The Boston Vegetarian Society provides education, community, and outreach to encourage healthy plant-based eating for the benefit of animals, the environment, the climate, and public and personal health.
Boston Veg Food Fest 2021: Bringing the World to Boston
Watch a recording of the October 23, 2021 Boston Veg Food Fest, featuring speakers and chefs from around the world.
• Virtual Vegan Marketplace: Open Now
Visit a wonderland of vegan shopping and learning! Enjoy special discounts and promotions from October 23 to November 7, 2021.
Earth Day 2021
Watch We Fight Climate Change with Diet Change (30 second PSA). BVS was on the Organizing Committee for Earth Day Boston 2021, and was a Co-Sponsor and Presenter on the topic of food choices and the environment and climate change.
(BVS events during the pandemic era are offered online.) BVS offers vegan cooking classes, speaker events and dinners, holiday events, author events, and more! We organize the annual Boston Veg Food Fest and do other outreach events as well. Our events are open and welcoming to all, and are great places for non-vegetarians to come to learn more about living plant-based. View our Events Calendar!
- Attend our free, online, live, interactive vegan cooking classes. Join our email list for notifications.
- See our Recipes & Cookbooks page for the special dishes featured in our ads, and a variety of veg recipe resources.
- Come to Food Fest in October! We offer plant-based cooking demonstrations by top national chefs.
- Dining out? See our huge list of Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurants in Massachusetts.
- Own a restaurant? See our Tips for Restaurant Owners. Entice vegetarian diners and their companions to your restaurant!
How to Go Veg
Visit our Going Veg section for recipes, starter kits, nutritional information, and tips to get you started as a healthy, happy herbivore! Find online vegan cooking courses, cookbooks, veg-ucational documentaries, local organic and farmers markets, Boston area lodging, information on raising veg children, and more.
Any steps you take in the direction of a more plant-based diet will benefit you, the earth, and the animals — and BVS is here to help.