Here are informative web sites that can get you started and keep you going as a healthy and happy herbivore!
- Starter Kits and Beginners’ Guides
- Nutrition Pages
- Recipes, Cookbooks, Online Cooking Classes
Note: These links are provided for informational purposes only. BVS does not endorse, and has no control over or responsibility for the linked sites or their contents. These websites are not intended as medical advice, and they do not take the place of individualized medical care or advice. People should make dietary changes in consultation with their health professionals.
Vegetarian Starter Kits and Beginners’ Guides
- Vegetarian Starter Kit from Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM)
- Vegan Starter Info from Vegan Outreach
- African American Vegan Starter Guide from By Any Greens Necessary
- Key Info & Essential Advice from Vegan.com
- Guide to Living a Whole Food, Plant-Based Life from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
- Plant-Based Primer from Forks Over Knives
- A Plant-Based Diet for Beginners: What to Eat, Benefits, & How to Succeed from Food Revolution Network
- Eating Humanely from the Humane Society of the U.S.
- ChooseVeg from Mercy for Animals
- TryVeg from Animal Outlook
See also Raising Veg Kids
- Dr. Greger’s NutritionFacts.org and Nutrition Videos
- Vegan Health: Evidence-Based Nutrient Recommendations
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine: Good Nutrition Resources
- Vegan.com’s Nutrition Guide
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Position Paper on Vegetarian Diets
- T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
- The Vegan RD Nutrition Primers
- Forks Over Knives
- VegFamily: Ask the Expert
- Dr. Greger’s NutritionFacts.org Videos on Fish
- T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies: Is Fish Part of a Healthy Diet?
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM): Is Fish Really Healthy to Eat?
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM): Health and Nutrition News on Fish
- PCRM’s Find a Plant-Based Health Care Provider
- Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition online course from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies in partnership with eCornell
Recipes, Cookbooks, Online Cooking Classes
- Explore our Recipes, Cookbooks & Online Cooking Courses and Classes
- Explore our Veg Recipe Blogs and Websites.
Many of these documentaries can be viewed for free online or on Netflix or other streaming services.
- VegFund’s Recommended Films for Screening
- Livekindly’s 45 Must-Watch Vegan Documentaries
- Go London’s 10 Films That Can Change Your Life
- Urban List’s 8 Epic Vegan Documentaries
- Nutriciously’s 33 Best Vegan Documentaries
- Food Revolution Network’s 10 Plant-Based Food Documentaries to Watch Right Now
- VegMovies database of 200+ films with run times, plot summaries, and trailers, organized by categories and streaming platforms