CITY OF BOSTON TEMPORARY FOOD PERMITS
ALL exhibitors of food or beverage for sale or sampling must complete the City of Boston Temporary Food Service Application and submit it to us with your registration. (Save the completed form to your computer, then upload it to our festival application form using the “Choose file/Browse” feature in the application form. Check to make sure your answers show.)
- If you are serving/sampling open food or beverage, the city’s $35 permit fee will be added to your total.
- If you are a NON-Boston company, you need to submit your license from the city/town where you are licensed.
- If you are selling/displaying (NOT sampling) ONLY commercially-sealed, prepackaged food or beverages which are not opened before leaving your table, you need to submit the city’s application form, but no fee is required. BUT…
- If you offer samples of a product at your table, even if sold pre-packaged, the $35 fee applies because of the sampling.
- Please read the City of Boston’s Temporary Food Application Process packet.
We will get the permit for you using the completed form(s) that you submit to us. These forms must accompany your application. You will not get a paper permit. Your name will be on the city Food Inspector’s list of permit holders.